Attention Parents and Students!
As we prepare for the 2017-18 Sport Seasons there are a few important details we would like to share with you. In order to try out for ANY team, the student must have a 1. Current physical: (SIGNED BY THE PHYSICIAN, DATED, AND MARKED CLEAR FOR ATHLETICS), concussion form, and completed proof of insurance form on file at the school, and anyone trying out for football must have the Green Insurance form. These forms are available on the school website under the "Athletics" tab. Click on the link below:
It is the athlete’s responsibility to bring his/her physical complete with doctor’s signature, marked cleared, with a valid date on the first day of try-outs. Physicals are good for one calendar year (365 days) from the date of physical. If you tried out for a team last year, it is possible that the physical is still valid, however it is your responsibility to know the date (or approximate date) of expiration. The school is in no way responsible for physicals that have expired.
Tuesday September 5th – Thursday, September 7th: Try-out for all sports (except golf-those dates are TBA based on golf course avaliablity)
Tryouts for all sports are: 4:15 - 6:30pm (Immediately after school) Times may vary based on teams, coaches will announce the first day of tryouts to changes
Please bring proper attire for your sport and a T-shirt that coaches can write on, in permanent marker
Games will be on Mondays and Wednesdays @ 5:00pm for Softball and Volleyball, Thursdays @ 5:00pm for Football and Cheerleading, and a Golf schedule will be published once confirmed by the golf course, but will play one match per week based on the schedule above.
* All physicals, concussion, AND insurance forms MUST be turned in on the first day of try-outs; without all completed forms, students will be asked to leave and return only when completed.
* A physical is only good for one calendar year.
* The physical must be signed and dated by the physician, and marked cleared for athletics.
* Parents MUST fill out family history on the physical forms.
* Transportation must be arranged beforehand, please ensure all students are picked up no later than 6:30pm. Calls home on the day of tryouts will not be permitted.
* Try-out attire: PE clothes and a shirt that can be written on in permanent marker.
* We recommend that you do not purchase new equipment until you have made a team
* In order to be eligible students must have a minimal of a 2.0 GPA from semester 2 of last year.
CMS Athletic Eligibility Requirements
These responsibilities must be met by the student athlete in order to participate in middle school athletics.
Middle School Athletic Participation Fee Facts
Answers additional questions about the athletic participation fee.
A direct link to CMS Athlete registration and will allow you to pay the participation fee online.
All student athletes will need:
Football players will need to have all of the following: