RETURN TO PLAY POSTPONED
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools will not resume athletic activity on our campuses July 6th. CMS has consulted with local public health officials, discussed readiness with athletic directors, and reviewed current conditions in our County and the state of North Carolina. CMS analysis has revealed that there is much uncertainty and many unanswered questions at the present time. In view of those considerations, CMS believes it is in the best interest of our student athletes and our staff to postpone resumption of on campus athletic activity until we have greater confidence that doing so will be in an environment that protects health. CMS also have reached out to other districts in our area and elsewhere in the state, and most seem likely to choose to delay the start of activities for the same reasons we choose to do so.
- CMS has suspended ALL team travel, camps and/or training until further notice.
- We will continue to update you when we have further information
When we do Return. You will need the following
- Must have current physical on file (NCHSAA physical form) turned into Athletic Director Bailey (Dated March 1, 2019 or after = current)
- Come prepared to workout
- Must have face mask
- Must have your own water bottle
- Must have own towel
- Click the blue banner for "Ticket to Play", Join website, and Complete all documents (You'll need your proof of residence, NCHSAA physical, and insurance card (if you need student insurance: https://www.kandkinsurance.com/sites/K12Voluntary/Pages/Home.aspx)
- If you don't have a scanner to upload your bills you can use your phone to scan (go into notes click the picture icon and it'll ask you if you want to scan) Save to your Google drive and upload into your ticket to play)
- Rising 9th Graders can begin workouts
- Magnet students will need placement letter