Being in an accident is never something that someone looks forward to, but there are steps you can take to protect yourself:
1. Always stop if you are involved in an accident, regardless of whether there is damage. This is your legal obligation.
2. Check to see if anyone needs medical care, and try not to move the vehicles unless they are causing a major problem with traffic.
3. Contact the police – you will need to file a report.
4. Do not admit responsibility for the accident. Your contract with your insurance company is there so that they can do the talking for you. You should, however, get the names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone involved in the accident. Get the other person’s insurance information and vehicle identification number of their car. Consider taking pictures of both vehicles involved in the accident, including close-ups of any damage.
5. Most importantly, stay calm!
DID YOU KNOW?
If your vehicle has been damaged in an accident, you have the right to choose where you elect to have your vehicle repaired! Your insurance company may attempt to steer you to another shop, but it is your choice where you would like to have your repairs performed.
At Hendrick Collision Center South customer satisfaction is our primary goal. From our professional estimating staff to our certified auto repair specialists, you will receive the finest quality experience and repair. We are an I-Car Gold Certified shop, and work on all makes and models.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, have any questions about our repair process or need assistance in filing your claim, please contact us at (888) 851-9988, and one of our collision specialists will be happy to assist you.
Tag(s): Athletics Home