MISSION: TO PROVIDE ATHLETIC PROGRAMS THAT PRODUCE A PRIDEFUL EXPERIENCE FOR ALL AND PREPARE OUR STUDENT-ATHLETES TO COMPETE IN ALL REALMS OF LIFE.
AK SPORTS REPORT
(September 5-9, 2017)
The first week of the 2017-2018 School Year is officially here! We hope it was a great summer break for our Knights and looking forward to a great year ahead. Although its only the first week of school, Knights Athletics enters the third full week of the Fall Sports season. Below is the schedule for the week ahead and a recap of last week. Another busy week ahead, capped by Home Varsity Football @ Home again vs. another non-conference rival! Have a great week first week of classes Knights! Start off strong in the classroom! PROTECT THE CASTLE!
- FOOTBALL: AK Varsity Football suffered an tough defeat at Home this past Friday, running into a very hot Marvin Ridge team. The Knights continue to battle through a very difficult non-conference schedule in preparation for the conference season, as they travel to Charlotte Catholic this coming Friday. Good luck men…..stick together!
- JV Football had their road game @ Marvin Ridge postponed last week due to weather. The game has been rescheduled for Monday, October 9th. This week the young Knights will host Charlotte Catholic in their Home opener. Looking forward to seeing the JV team play at The Castle!
- 9/7 – JV @ Home vs. Charlotte Catholic (6:00 PM)
- 9/8 – Varsity @ Charlotte Catholic (7:30 PM)
- VOLLEYBALL: AK Volleyball opened SoMeck 7 Conference play last week going 1-1 on the week, dropping the conference opener @ Providence in a tightly contested match before dominating West Meck. The Lady Knights have two more conference matches ahead this week before traveling to NW Guilford for a tough tri-match test. Good luck ladies!
- 9/5 – @ South Meck
- JV – 4:00 PM
- Varsity – 5:30 PM
- 9/7 – @ Harding
- JV – 4:00 PM
- Varsity – 5:30 PM
- 9/9 – Tri-Match @ Northwest Guilford vs. Northwest Guilford and Reagan
- MEN’S SOCCER: AK Men’s Soccer earned a great Varsity win on the road over Marvin Ridge this past week. The Knights went 1-1 on the week and have two more non-conference matches this coming week, both @ Home, before beginning SoMeck 7 Conference play next week. Good luck Knights!
- 9/5 – @ Home vs. Rocky River
- JV – 4:30 PM
- Varsity – 6:00 PM
- 9/6 - @ Home vs. Cox Mill
- JV – 4:30 PM
- Varsity – 6:00 PM
- WOMEN’S TENNIS: AK Women’s Tennis defeated South Meck 7-2 this past week in SoMeck 7 play, their only match of the week after Harding was cancelled. This week, The Lady Knight will host two SoMeck 7 opponents as they look to improve to 3-1 in conference play. Let’s go ladies!
- 9/5 - @ Home vs. Berry (4:00 PM)
- 9/7 - @ Home vs. Olympic (4:00 PM)
- WOMEN’S GOLF: AK Women’s Golf opened their season with a strong performance, battling Marvin Ridge to a 124-124 stroke team draw. The Lady Knights have two more matches on the slate this week against rival competition. Hit ‘em straight ladies!
- 9/5 – Match vs. South Meck @ Charles L. Sifford G.C. (3:00 PM)
- 9/6 – Match vs. Myers Park @ Ballantyne C.C. (3:00 PM)
- MEN’S & WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY: AK Cross Country Men’s and Women’s Teams will both travel to Furman University this coming Saturday to compete in the Furman Cross Country Classic. Meanwhile, the Men’s team performed strongly this past Wednesday @ Weddington, taking 2nd place as a team. See the below link to NCmilesplit for detailed results. Good luck this week Knights runners!
- Men’s Results @ Weddington Meet: http://nc.milesplit.com/meets/289885/results/535213/formatted
- 9/9 – Furman X-Country Classic @ Furman University (9:00 AM)
IMPORTANT NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Student-Athlete Scholarship Opportunities
- Wendy’s High School Heisman – ATTN Senior student-athletes, link provided below to apply. Our school winner will represent AK onto the State Level and potentially move on to the Regional and National Level. Please contact your head coach or athletic director if any questions: https://www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com/application/
- Liz Murray Scholarship (sponsored by the Hood Hargett Breakfast Club) – ATTN Senior student-athletes, link provided below to apply. The Hood Hargett Breakfast Club awards a monthly scholarship throughout the school year, with the first application deadline August 30th. Once your application is submitted, it will remain in the applicant pool for each month for the remainder of the school year. AK has a strong history of winners…..let’s keep it going! Click link below for more information and contact the athletic director if any questions: https://hoodhargettbreakfastclub.com/liz-murray-scholarship/
- AK Athletic Booster Club – 2017-2018 Membership & Season Passes
- Memberships and Season Passes are now available for purchase through the AK Athletic Boosters Club. Games begin soon, so be sure to get your season passes and come support your Knights!! Visit the following link for information and to purchase your 2017-2018 Membership & Season Passes: http://www.cmsathleticzone.com/page/show/1265553-membership-forms
- 2017 Fall Sports Schedules Posted
- Game schedules for our 2017 Fall Sports teams have been posted on our athletic web-pages. Please visit the following link to view the most up-to-date schedules: http://www.cmsathleticzone.com/ardreykell?id=1319821-ardrey-kell-knights-athletic-schedules
- Also, be sure to frequently view our AK Athletics Master Calendar (Google Calendar) embedded on this page. It is always kept up to date and revised with schedule changes as we move through the season.
AK Corporate Partners
A special thank you to our AK Corporate Sponsors. Your support helps AKHS provide our student-athletes with the best interscholastic athletic experience for our deserving student-athletes! Please thank the following area businesses and corporate sponsors for their commitment to Knights Athletics during the 2017-2018 school-year by supporting their businesses.
Carolina’s Center for Oral & Facial Surgery
Black Finn American Pub
Mr. Rooter Plumbing
Nothing But Noodles
True Pizza at Stonecrest
The Tutoring Club
Carolinas HealthCare System
Huntington Learning Center
Jersey Mike's at Stonecrest
Rita’s Italian Ice
Warrier Family Denistry
Brixx at Blakeney
Firebird’s Wood-Fired Grill
Chic-Fil-A at Blakeney
Providence Country Club
Ballantyne Country Club
Beamer Sports Photography
Carolinas HealthCare System (for Head Athletic Trainer)
OrthoCarolina (for Asst. Athletic Trainer)
American Log Homes
< >If you want to be an AK Athletic Booster Corporate Partner, please visit the following link for information on supporting our AK Athletic programs: http://www.cmsathleticzone.com/page/show/1285298-corporate-sponsor-forms
< >Don’t forget to follow us online (www.cmsathleticzone.com) and on Twitter (@AKsportsinfo) for up-to-date and late breaking info.
GO AK KNIGHTS!!!