MISSION: TO PROVIDE ATHLETIC PROGRAMS THAT PRODUCE A PRIDEFUL EXPERIENCE FOR ALL AND PREPARE STUDENT-ATHLETES TO COMPETE IN LIFE.
AK SPORTS REPORT
(January 14-19, 2019)
The 1st Semester of the school year is coming to an end this week, as we wish all of our Knights the best of luck on their exams! With the exam week, athletic schedules will be lighter with no competition until Friday. Also, we are one month away from the NCHSAA official start date for Spring Sports! Spring schedules have now been posted on the AK Athletic Schedules page (link provided below). Have a great Exam Week AK! GO KNIGHTS! PROTECT THE CASTLE!
- MEN’S BASKETBALL: AK Men’s Basketball improved to 12-3 overall and 4-1 in SoMeck 7 Conference play after two conference wins this past week. The Knights will play only one game this week with exams, but it is a huge one on the road against rival Olympic, which currently alone in 1st place in the conference. Play hard men!
- 1/18 - @ Olympic
- JV – 4:30 PM
- Varsity – 7:30 PM
- WOMEN’S BASKETBALL: AK Women’s Basketball earned two conference victories this past week, including a very big road win over Berry on Friday. The Lady Knights record improved to 12-4 overall, 3-2 in the SoMeck 7. Only one game on the slate this week due to exams….another conference road test on Friday night. Good luck ladies!
- 1/18 - @ Olympic
- JV – 3:30 PM
- Varsity – 6:00 PM
- MEN’S & WOMEN’S SWIMMING & DIVE: AK Swim & Dive hosted conference rival South Meck this past Friday in a huge regular season finale showdown. A conference championship was on the line on the Men’s side, with AK capturing the Title in a thrilling 143.5-142.5 victory that came down to the last relay race! On the Women’s side, the Lady Knights again performed well, but fell to a strong South Meck team 124-160.
- This weekend the post-season begins for our Aqua Knights with the SoMeck 7 Conference Swimming & Diving Championships.Best of luck AK Swim & Dive at Conference!
- 1/18 – SoMeck 7 Conference Swimming Championships @ MCAC (7:00 PM)
- 1/19 – SoMeck 7 Conference Diving Championships @ Huntersville Aquatics (9:00 AM)
- WRESTLING: AK Wrestling dropped their first Dual Team match of the season to Olympic in what was a battle of conference unbeatens. The Knights finished 5-1 in the SoMeck 7 Conference regular season, taking 2nd Place outright and will await for seeding to be released to see where they will compete in the 1st Round of the NCHSAA Dual Team State Playoffs. The men will be back on the mats this Saturday for a tournament. Good luck men!
- 1/18 – Trojan Duals Tournament @ Olympic (9:00 AM)
- INDOOR TRACK: AK Indoor Track heads to Providence this Friday for a Polar Bear Meet to get back into competition after a long layoff. Good luck Knights!
- 1/18 – Polar Bear Meet @ Providence (3:30 PM)
IMPORTANT NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- College, Career, and Wellness Expo: Come one, Come all to the 2019 AK College, Career, & Wellness Expo on Thursday, December 24, 2019 at AK from 5-7:30pm! This event will provide parents, students and the community valuable information pertaining to Health and Wellness along with the opportunity of hearing from experts in the fields of college, professional, military and trade to explore future options for students and gain insightful knowledge for life after high school. Speakers will discuss such topics as Financial Aid, College Admissions, Campus Life, and Healthy Lifestyle Decisions to name a few.
- We will have raffles for gift cards and prizes throughout the evening, there will be food trucks to purchase snacks or dinner AND students who attend will receive an INFORMAL GRADE to be applied to the class of their choice once they complete the required assignment before they leave the event.
- We hope to see you there!
- Female Athlete Symposium presented by Female Athlete University
- FAU presents the 5 Dangers All Females Athletes Face.What you and your parents should know to perform at your optimal level.
- Date: Monday, January 28th
- Time: 6:30-7:30 PM
- Location: Ardrey Kell High School Auditorium
- 2018-2019 Head Coaches Contact Information
- 2018-2019 Season Passes & AK Athletic Boosters Membership
- Exciting news for 2018-2019 Season Passes and AKABC Membership!AK has now gone to digital ticketing for all season passes through Huddle GoFan!Please visit the below link to purchase your Season Passes and Membership for the upcoming year.Never a better deal, as CMS ticket prices have been raised by $1 for all events, so don’t hesitate to capitalize on this great deal!
- Official Ardrey Kell On-line Spirit Wear Store
- 2018-2019 AK Athletic Forms Page
- Be sure to visit the AK Athletic Forms page on our CMSathleticzone web-site to get all the information needed for athletic participation, including the AK on-line athletic pre-participation packet, which is required for all student-athletes.Link to the page is provided below.
- Also, be sure to frequently view our AK Athletics Master Calendar (Google Calendar) embedded on this page.It is always kept up to date and revised with schedule changes as we move through the season.
- Student-Athlete Scholarship Opportunities
- AK Athletic Boosters Student-Athlete Scholarships:
- The Ardrey Kell High School Athletic Booster Club (AKABC) will award ten (10) $1,000 scholarships in May 2019.Applications will be available to Seniors in early 2019.The due date for the scholarship application in TBD (likely March 2019).If you are interested in being notified when the applications process begins, please complete the below Google form to be added to the AKABC Scholarship Committee distribution list:
- These scholarships will be awarded to AKHS Senior student-athletes based on “Excellence in Academics”, “Excellence and Leadership in Athletics” and “Contributions to the AKHS Student-Athlete Community.”These scholarships will assist AKHS student-athletes in paying to attend a 2-year or 4-year college in the Fall of 2019.
- Please note:
- You or a family member must be an active 2018-2019 AKABC member to be considered by the AKABC Scholarship Selection Committee.It is NOT too late to join and memberships start at $40 per year!
- Each scholarship is paid directly to the recipient’s college or university in the Fall of 2019.Students who receive full scholarship are not eligible.
- NCHSAA Scholarships:
- ATTN Senior Student-Athletes!The NCHSAA offers many opportunities for different scholarships they award.The application period has begun for many of them.Please visit the below link to the NCHSAA web-site if you are interested in learning more about the scholarships available and to apply.
- Wendy’s High School Heisman – ATTN Senior student-athletes, link provided below to apply. Our school winner will represent AK onto the State Level and potentially move on to the Regional and National Level. Please contact your head coach or athletic director if any questions: https://www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com/application/
- Liz Murray Scholarship (sponsored by the Hood Hargett Breakfast Club) – ATTN Senior student-athletes, link provided below to apply. The Hood Hargett Breakfast Club awards a monthly scholarship throughout the school year, with the first application deadline September 4th. Once your application is submitted, it will remain in the applicant pool for each month for the remainder of the school year. AK has a strong history of winners…..let’s keep it going! Click link below for more information and contact the athletic director if any questions: https://hoodhargettbreakfastclub.com/liz-murray-scholarship-application/
AK Corporate Partners
A special thank you to our AK Corporate Sponsors. Your support helps AKHS provide our student-athletes with the best interscholastic athletic experience for our deserving student-athletes! Please thank the following area businesses and corporate sponsors for their commitment to Knights Athletics during the 2018-2019 school-year by supporting their businesses.
The White Group – Keller Williams Realty
Carolina’s Center for Oral & Facial Surgery
Shake Shack at Blakeney
Mr. Rooter Plumbing
Nothing But Noodles
True Pizza at Stonecrest
The Tutoring Club
Jersey Mike's at Stonecrest
Chili’s at Blakeney
Qdoba on 521
Rita’s Italian Ice
Brixx at Blakeney
Firebird’s Wood-Fired Grill
Chic-Fil-A at Blakeney
Providence Country Club
Ballantyne Country Club
Beamer Sports Photography
Atrium Health (for Head Athletic Trainer)
OrthoCarolina (for Asst. Athletic Trainer)
< >If you want to be an AK Athletic Booster Corporate Partner, please visit the following link for information on supporting our AK Athletic programs:http://www.cmsathleticzone.com/page/show/1285298-corporate-sponsor-forms
< >Don’t forget to follow us online (www.cmsathleticzone.com/ardreykell) and on Twitter (@AKsportsinfo) for up-to-date and late breaking info.