Fall Tryout Schedule.
Sign-ups: August 1 - 30. Please complete CMS middle school packet or register online and print the registration. Submit completed packets to Athletic Director's office.
Coaches: Mitch Beyer firstname.lastname@example.org
Andy Kiker email@example.com
Coach: Bryan Vanderhill firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf Try-outs: TBA
Coach: Jon Neary email@example.com
ALL ATHLETIC FORMS IN THE CMS MIDDLE SCHOOL PACKET MUST BE COMPLETED TO SIGN UP FOR TRY OUTS.
Required forms include:
A required forms packet is attached below.
• Must adhere to all North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and CMS athletic eligibility regulations.
• Must sign all CMS required athletic eligibility participation forms.
• Must provide proof of medical or accident insurance.
• Must pay the participation fee ($75 per sport season) or meet the waiver criteria when named to the team roster. The participation fee does not guarantee playing time.
• Must receive a medical examination each year (365 days) by a duly licensed physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
• Must attend a required pre-season meeting at the school prior to the sport season (fall, winter, spring).
• Must not accept prizes, merchandise, money or any item that can be exchanged for money as a result of athletic participation.
• May not, as an individual or as a team, practice during the school day or on a Saturday or Sunday.
• Official school sponsored camps are not permitted by CMS. Summer training is the responsibiltiy of the student/parents. For conditioning/preparation ideas please feel free to contact the sports coach with inquires.
Only students in grades 7-12 may participate in interscholastic athletic competition (State Board of Education Regulation). No student may be eligible to participate at the middle school level for a period lasting longer than four (4) consecutive semesters beginning with the student’s entry into the seventh grade. The principal shall have evidence of the date of each player’s entry into the seventh grade and monitor the four (4) consecutive semesters. In order to qualify for public school participation, a student must meet the following requirements, but is not limited to the following requirements:
• A student who is promoted from the sixth grade to the seventh grade
• Must meet local promotion standards
• The 2.0 eligibility rule will be waived if (1) I.E.P. goals are being met;
*Middle School: A minimum load is defined as passing six out of eight courses in the A/B format of block scheduling during the traditional school day.