Please see the below schedule for signups and tryouts dates. All Students are encouraged to see Mr. Blumenstetter prior to tryouts to ensure ALL paperwork is handed in and PROPERLY filled out PRIOR to tryouts. If not, students will not be able to tryout... PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE PROHIBITED FROM ATTENDING TRY-OUTS...
FULLY COMPLETED FORMS ONLY NEED TO BE HANDED IN ONCE PER SCHOOL YEAR (UNLESS INSURANCE CHANGES or PHYSICALS (Good for 1 year) NEED UPDATED...
*There will be a MANDATORY PARENT MEETING for students that make the teams on Tuesday, December 5th in the Cafeteria. Girls basketball and Cheer will be at 5:30pm and Boys Basketball will be at 7pm.
SIGN-UP DATES: Nov. 14th,15th and 16th during lunch
Girls Basketball Tryouts:
Tuesday, November 28th (4pm-5:30pm)
Wednesday, Novemeber 29th (4pm-5:30pm)
Thursday, November 30th (4pm-5:30pm)
Boys Basketball Tryouts:
Monday, November 27th (4pm-6pm)
Tuesday,November 28th (5:30pm-7:30pm)
Wednesday, November 29th (5:30pm-7:30pm)
Wednesday, November 29th (4pm-5:45pm)
Thursday, November 30th (4pm-5:45pm)
The earliest possible day of tryouts for ALL WINTER SPORTS is Friday, November 17th. Some tryouts will be immediately after school and others not, please take note.
All paperwork MUST be turned in to Mr. Blumenstetter or Front Office NO LATER than the beginning of the day on Monday, November 27th. It is preferred that all packets are turned in by FRIDAY, November 17th. Forms are also available in the Front Office.
*An attached physical will be accepted as long as it is within a year of the entire sports season and marked "Fully Cleared". Medical Insurance still needs to be filled out on the pre-participation form.
ALL CMS PRE-PARTICIPATION FORMS MUST BE CORRECTLY COMPLETED TO BE ELIGIBLE TO TRY OUT. STUDENTS WITH INCORRECT, OR INCOMPLETE, PAPERWORK WILL BE ASKED TO RETURN WITH CORRECT INFORMATION.
• Must adhere to all North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and CMS athletic eligibility regulations.
• Must sign all CMS required athletic eligibility participation forms.
• Must provide proof of medical or accident insurance.
• Must pay the participation fee ($50 per sport season) or meet the waiver criteria when named to the team roster. The participation fee does not guarantee playing time.
• Must receive a medical examination each year (365 days) by a duly licensed physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
• Must attend a required pre-season meeting at the school prior to the sport season (fall, winter, spring).
• Must not accept prizes, merchandise, money or any item that can be exchanged for money as a result of athletic participation.
• May not, as an individual or as a team, practice during the school day or on a Saturday or Sunday.
• Official school sponsored camps are not permitted by CMS. Summer training is the responsibility of the student/parents. For conditioning/preparation ideas please feel free to contact the sports coach with inquires.
Only students in grades 7-12 may participate in interscholastic athletic competition (State Board of Education Regulation).No student may be eligible to participate at the middle school level for a period lasting longer than four (4) consecutive semesters beginning with the student’s entry into the seventh grade. The principal shall have evidence of the date of each player’s entry into the seventh grade and monitor the four (4) consecutive semesters. In order to qualify for public school participation, a student must meet the following requirements, but is not limited to the following requirements:
• A student who is promoted from the sixth grade to the seventh grade
• Must meet local promotion standards
• The 2.0 eligibility rule will be waived if (1) I.E.P. goals are being met;
*Middle School: A minimum load is defined as passing six out of eight courses in the A/B format of block scheduling during the traditional school day.